Daily Static

Technology, Dynamic Programming and Entrepreneurship

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, February 27, 2003
 
CVS NT

I've been resisting using Visual Source Safe as my code repository, knowing how much better
CVS is. Today I finally got CVSNT installed. I also set up ViewCVS to work on top of it,
and I got TortoiseCVS set up as my client.

It's funny, because when I'd tell people how much better CVS was than Source Safe, the
immediate response was "Pony up the dough". Then I'd tell them it was free, and they
all just sort of shut up about it. It was an odd experience.

One of my team mates wanted to get his code in a Version Control system, so I told
him I'd get CVS set up. It actually went pretty smooth this time. The instructions on
setting up ViewCVS seem to be a lot better than a few months ago.


Comments: Post a Comment