Daily Static

Technology, Dynamic Programming and Entrepreneurship

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, January 15, 2004
 
Comments in old code

I have been working with a relatively complicated script that I
wrote in October 2003. I wrote this script right before I left
for the ILC 2003. I knew someone else was going to have to run
and be able to work with this script, so I commented it pretty
heavily. Now looking at the script again, I'm finding it hard
to decipher what I was doing, even though the code was
commented. I don't usually comment my code all that well, and
I'm finding the process that I'm going through to understand
this code is pretty much the same thing I would've done had
there been no comments.

I find it interesting that my comments haven't been that
helpful. Perhaps it's that this code is just hard to
understand, maybe I wrote it poorly, or maybe comments aren't as
useful as they are often made out to be.


Comments: Post a Comment