Daily Static

Technology, Dynamic Programming and Entrepreneurship

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, January 14, 2004
 
Lisp Editing Mode

For those of you that don't know, I use emacs to write the posts
for this blog. I have it set to text mode with auto-fill so the
posts are kept to an aesthetically pleasing width. One problem
I've noticed with this mode is when I type in a url. It does
the autofill based on the length of text, yet when a url is
displayed online, only the portion between the tags is displayed
in the browser. This can cause a column to be broken up in ways
that I don't find visually pleasing. An interesting mode would
be a blog mode that wraps the text like normal, but if you have
a link on the line or any html element for that matter, it would
only count the number of characters that would be visible in the
browser. I think you could do a simple implementation of this
based just on opening and closing tags. Of course this might be
hopelessly naive.


Comments: Post a Comment